The next morning, I woke up earlier than usual to prepare breakfast. Since I started living alone, I often skipped breakfast because I thought it was a hassle. But now that I had decided to live together with Sotome, I couldn't use that excuse to avoid making breakfast. Leaving myself aside, it would be too pitiful if even Sotome didn't have breakfast. "I've forgotten how long it's been since I last had breakfast." I muttered to myself and tasted the miso soup with a spoon. I didn't know if Sotome was used to having bread or rice for breakfast, so today, I decided to make rice. The side dishes were miso soup, a sunny-side-up egg, shredded burdock root stir-fry made a few days ago, and some pickles I bought. Although they were all simple dishes, I convinced myself that breakfast should be kept simple. I placed the breakfast on the table and waited for Sotome to wake up, but she didn't appear even after a long while. "Hasn't Sotome woken up ye...
Comments
Post a Comment